1. There are things about small towns you won’t see anywhere else, and it’s truly magnificent.
4. And they are not afraid to put your bullshit on display for other people to make fun of.
5. The best kind of politics are small town politics.
Because at least the politicians aren’t afraid to hide their true selves.
8. Small town values are very real, and people aren’t afraid to tell you about them.
9. Everyone knows everyone else’s business, and you will not get away with any bad behavior.
So, you want to TP the neighbor’s house? Good luck, everyone will be watching you do it, and then call your parents as it’s happening.
10. And because everyone is up in the town’s business, it tends to be a super safe place.
Like, the kind of place where you can bike to school and not worry about anyone stealing it.
12. Sometimes you get so bored that it makes you want to scream.
13. But when you find some unexpected adventure, it feels like you’ve just won the damn lottery.
14. The rules of etiquette don’t always apply in a small town, and that’s kind of awesome.
16. Trying to date can sometimes feel hopeless, since everyone at the bars went to high school with you.
18. Since you’re living in the middle of nowhere, you tend to be a lot closer to nature.
20. And they tend to be scary nice without asking for anything in return.
21. Everyone shows up for local parades, and float planning can be filled with LOTS of small town drama.
Oh, you think your homage to roses should be the grand finale? Think again.
22. Friday nights are all about high school sports, whether you like it or not.
23. Getting a driver’s license is the most exciting thing in the world, because then there’s the hope of road trips.
Or at least being able to drive to the movies. Or to a friend’s house. Or just drive around and listen to music, which is also awesome.