4. Starbucks won’t ever know how to spell it.
To be fair, do they spell anyone’s name correctly?
5. If you’re ever on the news — for whatever reason — your description will look something like this.
6. And even if they do make an effort, it still won’t be quite right.
7. Every time you meet someone new, they’ll ask really annoying questions like, “What does your name mean?”
10. People giving you a “fun” new nickname because they can’t be bothered to learn how to pronounce your real one.
11. When this happens at school and you know there’s nothing you can do to stop it.
12. When technology autocorrects your name to something else entirely.
13. When you have a gender-neutral name and people mistakenly call you by the wrong pronoun over email. :(
Her, him, she, he…they’re all the same, right?
14. People reacting to your name by saying, “That’s weird!” or “Oh, interesting…” and “Huh, OK.”
- President Obama unveiled a climate change plan on Monday that calls for federal limits on the amount of carbon power plants can produce.
- Puerto Rico has failed to make a $58 million debt payment, and credit rating agency Moody's says the U.S. territory is in default.
- The man accused of fatally shooting a Memphis, Tennessee, police officer on Saturday has turned himself in.