4. Starbucks won’t ever know how to spell it.
To be fair, do they spell anyone’s name correctly?
5. If you’re ever on the news — for whatever reason — your description will look something like this.
6. And even if they do make an effort, it still won’t be quite right.
7. Every time you meet someone new, they’ll ask really annoying questions like, “What does your name mean?”
10. People giving you a “fun” new nickname because they can’t be bothered to learn how to pronounce your real one.
11. When this happens at school and you know there’s nothing you can do to stop it.
12. When technology autocorrects your name to something else entirely.
13. When you have a gender-neutral name and people mistakenly call you by the wrong pronoun over email. :(
Her, him, she, he…they’re all the same, right?
14. People reacting to your name by saying, “That’s weird!” or “Oh, interesting…” and “Huh, OK.”
- More than a dozen people were killed after severe storms and flooding swept through the French Riviera on Saturday evening. ›
- Pope Francis has opened a three-week synod where bishops will discuss family issues. This comes a day after the Vatican fired a high-ranking priest who came out as gay. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 19 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›