1. Stage 1: You’re planning a vacay, when you notice an option that seems like a really great idea.
2. Because with the Red-Eye, you can sleep through the flight, and not lose a day of travel!
Sweet! Sign me up, yo!
3. So you buy your tickets, get a cutesy sleep kit ready, and off you go to Red-Eye heaven!
4. Stage 2: To celebrate your awesome travel style, you decide to indulge with a little nip on the plane.
That’ll help you sleep, right…?
5. Stage 3: The plane takes off, and the surge of crying commences.
In this stage a passenger—likely a baby—begins to have an epic meltdown. It’s understandable, flying sucks in general, but unfortunately it’s your burden to deal with.
8. Bring out the heavy artillery. (i.e. A neck pillow and headphones with ambient noise.)
10. But none of that ever really works, because someone is always reclining their chair into your lap.
12. Stage 5: Acceptance that you will stay awake.
Because there’s no way you’re actually going into a REM cycle through all this shit.