2. And took care of you when nobody else could.
3. Because your father never played favorites.
Mainly because there weren’t enough options.
4. If it weren’t for your dad, you wouldn’t have someone to give sappy Father’s Day cards to.
9. They teach you how to do cool things: skateboarding like a badass, for instance.
16. And if they do, they’ll make sure to use it against you — in the most epic way possible.
18. Sometimes they have trouble understanding the intricacies of texting, like how to scroll up.
This one is care of my own father, who will likely text me about these funny cats again.
19. They don’t understand Twitter, and it can make you question your own life choices.
23. Seriously, you can draw a garden on their bare back and it’s like, “Go for it, Picasso.”
24. They’ll take you to really loud concerts, even when their hearing is at stake.
25. Dads help to make sure that their little girls turn into big superheroes.
27. Seriously, dads help you believe that you can be anything you want to be.
28. And if you’d rather be a zombie hunter, they can help you with that too.
Happy Father’s Day! xoxo
But especially to my own awesome dad, who’s responsible for #18. Love you!
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.