2. And took care of you when nobody else could.
3. Because your father never played favorites.
Mainly because there weren’t enough options.
4. If it weren’t for your dad, you wouldn’t have someone to give sappy Father’s Day cards to.
8. They’re always proud of your achievements, no matter how ridiculous.
9. They teach you how to do cool things: skateboarding like a badass, for instance.
15. But they have no concept of pop culture, and it’s adorable.
16. And if they do, they’ll make sure to use it against you — in the most epic way possible.
18. Sometimes they have trouble understanding the intricacies of texting, like how to scroll up.
This one is care of my own father, who will likely text me about these funny cats again.
19. They don’t understand Twitter, and it can make you question your own life choices.
22. When you need to express your creativity, they’re there.
23. Seriously, you can draw a garden on their bare back and it’s like, “Go for it, Picasso.”
24. They’ll take you to really loud concerts, even when their hearing is at stake.
25. Dads help to make sure that their little girls turn into big superheroes.
27. Seriously, dads help you believe that you can be anything you want to be.
28. And if you’d rather be a zombie hunter, they can help you with that too.
Happy Father’s Day! xoxo
But especially to my own awesome dad, who’s responsible for #18. Love you!
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›