2. And took care of you when nobody else could.
3. Because your father never played favorites.
Mainly because there weren’t enough options.
4. If it weren’t for your dad, you wouldn’t have someone to give sappy Father’s Day cards to.
9. They teach you how to do cool things: skateboarding like a badass, for instance.
16. And if they do, they’ll make sure to use it against you — in the most epic way possible.
18. Sometimes they have trouble understanding the intricacies of texting, like how to scroll up.
This one is care of my own father, who will likely text me about these funny cats again.
19. They don’t understand Twitter, and it can make you question your own life choices.
23. Seriously, you can draw a garden on their bare back and it’s like, “Go for it, Picasso.”
24. They’ll take you to really loud concerts, even when their hearing is at stake.
25. Dads help to make sure that their little girls turn into big superheroes.
27. Seriously, dads help you believe that you can be anything you want to be.
28. And if you’d rather be a zombie hunter, they can help you with that too.
Happy Father’s Day! xoxo
But especially to my own awesome dad, who’s responsible for #18. Love you!
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.