1. When you need to take breaks and recharge after socializing for too long.
I’m not antisocial, I swear! I just need to recharge my introvert juices!
2. When people mistake your thoughtful look for resting bitch face.
You like to give thoughtful answers, but sometimes people assume you’re just silently judging them.
3. When your friend wants to invite more people over, and you don’t want to sound like a dick by saying no.
You might even secretly like a little more company, even if it does give you anxiety.
4. When spending a heavenly weekend alone means that you’re missing out on time with friends.
7. Having visitors stay with you is a nightmare, because it means you have to be on at ALL TIMES.
8. When people stop inviting you places because you keep canceling plans.
9. Too many social obligations + no alone time = a total grump.
10. When you’re asked to do a group project, and know that you’re going to hate every minute of it.
11. When your ride at a party doesn’t want to leave early, and no one seems to understand your distress.
12. When you hear this question, and your palms start to sweat with anxiety.
Because the answer is “no,” but you don’t want to hurt their feelings.
13. When you hear, “Are you OK?” or “Why are you so quiet?” for the umpteenth time.
Just because you prefer to listen or only speak up when there’s something important to say.
14. Trying to be extra outgoing when you flirt so your crush doesn’t think you hate them.
Seriously, I just have resting bitch face, it’s not you!
15. That feeling of dread that washes over you when the phone rings and you’re not mentally prepared to chat.
16. When you have to deal with that one friend who ALWAYS wants to hang out, and you ALWAYS have to say this:
17. When you have an awesome night out, but have to deal with feeling exhausted for days after the fact.
18. When people pressure you to be more social, whether you like it or not.
19. When you’re really excited to go out, but those good feelings don’t last long enough.
20. When you’re trying to get something done at work, but you can’t, because everyone else is talking.
22. When you carry a book to a public place so no one will bug you, but other people take that as a conversation starter.
23. When people make you feel weird for wanting to do things by yourself.
24. When someone interrupts your thoughts, and you get irrationally angry.
25. When people can’t seem to grasp that being in small groups is where you excel the most.
26. And when you need to be completely alone so you can recharge and get back to being awesome.
- An assailant shot two people at Texas Southern University. One person has died, and a suspect has been detained. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›