1. Expectation: Your hair looks great before going to bed, and it will STAY great for the next day.
Reality: Your hair has grown three sizes for some unknown, horrifying reason.
Basically, if your hair touches a pillow, or sheets, it will rebel in the meanest way possible.
2. Expectation: You’ll take a shower and by the time you’re dressed it will look FABULOUS.
Reality: 4 hours later and you’re still waiting for it to be completely dry.
3. Expectation: You’ll straighten your hair and it will be like some silky blanket.
Smooth. Controlled. Easy.
Reality: Sorta straight, sorta not, in general.
If there’s so much as a drop of humidity, it will find you and wreak havoc.
4. Expectation: You can play with your curls as much as you like.
5. Expectation: A breeze will whip by and make you look like some foxy supermodel!
Reality: That hair has now found a new favorite spot, and that spot is right in your eyeballs.
6. Expectation: Every day your hair will be perfect ringlets and make your head look like a beautiful crown of curls.
7. Expectation: You’ll brush your hair everyday.
Because that’s what people do, rightttt?
8. Expectation: It’s raining! Time to bust out the umbrella!
Reality: It’s raining, which means you are absolutely not leaving the house, or so much as opening a damn window.
9. Expectation: Letting your hair be naturally curly is wayyyy easier than straightening it.
Reality: Is it though? Is it REALLY easier to tame my curls?
Let’s count all of the products I’ll be using today… Can I use my fingers AND toes?
Reality: You can wear a hat… you just can’t take that shit off.
11. Expectation: Your curls will consistently be CURLY.
Reality: Parts of your hair can be SUPER curly, others can be totally not.
Like snowflakes: No two curls will look exactly alike!
12. Expectation: Your hair will frizz, but it can be tamed with products and a little curly TLC.
13. Expectation: Time for a haircut! You’ll try a new hairdresser and feel fly as fuck.
Reality: YOU’VE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE.
Why did you go to this person who has no idea what to do with curls!? DEAR GOD, WHY.
14. Expectation: You are having an AMAZING hair day, and life is LOOKING GOOD (as are you).
Reality: A good hair day means you won’t be showering for days, because a shower means the end of that hair.
15. Expectation: You’ll put your hair in a ponytail on “bad” hair days.
Reality: You’ll spend hours trying to get that hair tie out without ripping off all your hair.
16. Expectation: People will constantly tell you how much they WISH they had curly hair.
Reality: You totally get it. Even though curls can sometimes be a pain, you’d never trade them for anything else.
Curls = Awesome
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."