Check out all the best of 2013
2. They took a good hard look in the mirror and confronted themselves.
6. They made sure their voices were heard, no matter how controversial the opinion.
10. They learned from generations before them and made informed decisions.
15. But they weren’t afraid to speak their minds to draconian babysitters.
26. We could learn a thing or two from their fortitude.
Here Are Today's Top Stories
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- [A boat packed with mainly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials fear over 100 people might have died, Reuters reports. ›] (http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/27/europe-migrants-libya-idUSL5N1125D320150827i)
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday. ›