2. They took a good hard look in the mirror and confronted themselves.
6. They made sure their voices were heard, no matter how controversial the opinion.
7. They humbly accepted their shortcomings.
10. They learned from generations before them and made informed decisions.
14. They cast no judgment on those around them.
15. But they weren’t afraid to speak their minds to draconian babysitters.
25. And they cautioned others not to make mistakes of their own.
26. We could learn a thing or two from their fortitude.
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- At least 21 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria, BBC News reports. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›