1. Remember Chris Culliver, who made waves before the Super Bowl in slamming the idea of having an openly gay NFL player?
3. And that all gay NFL players should just forget about coming out while they’re still playing?
4. And then he apologized and pledged to “learn and grow” from the fallout?
culliver: “The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel. (cont)— Jim Trotter
“It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. ..— Jim Trotter
“Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience.â€ (end)— Jim Trotter
7. And then Jacoby Jones owned him in the Super Bowl?
8. Well, Culliver is trying to learn from all that. The first step: Spending time with the Trevor Project, which provides suicide prevention services to LGBTQ youth.
Great time at LGBTQ the Q is for (question) @CreativeEdgePRS http://t.co/crmKgiZ4OU— Chris culliver
- Sierra Leone is investigating a new Ebola death after a woman who was believed to be the country's last known case was discharged from the hospital last week. ›
- A white supremacist has been found guilty of capital murder in the shooting deaths of three people at two Jewish facilities in Kansas last year. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›