1. San Francisco 49ers corner Chris Culliver was interviewed by Artie Lange about gays in the NFL. He sounded less than enlightened.
2. He continued about whether he could play with such a player.
3. When asked if players should be forced to keep their homosexuality secret, Culliver responded:
4. The 49ers PR staff’s probable response:
Ours too by the way…
7. UPDATE: The 49ers have issued a statement regarding the matter.
#49ers statement: “The San Francisco 49ers reject the comments that were made yesterday, and have addressed the matter with Chris…— Bay Area Sports Guy
…There is no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. We have and always will proudly support the LGBT community.â€— Bay Area Sports Guy
9. UPDATE II: Culliver issued a statement as well, tweeted by SI’s Jim Trotter.
culliver: “The derogatory comments I made yesterday were a reflection of thoughts in my head, but they are not how I feel. (cont)— Jim Trotter
“It has taken me seeing them in print to realize that they are hurtful and ugly. Those discriminating feelings are truly not in my heart. ..— Jim Trotter
“Further, I apologize to those who I have hurt and offended, and I pledge to learn and grow from this experience.â€ (end)— Jim Trotter
- A judge ruled that the six Baltimore officers charged in the death of Freddie Gray, a black man allegedly killed by police in April, will have individual trials. ›
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- Hundreds of Eurostar passengers moving between Britain and France were stranded for hours as people were seen on the tracks attempting to get through the tunnel. ›