1. In the second quarter of the Super Bowl, Joe Flacco dropped back and threw up a bomb on 3rd and 10.
2. And it was the right move: Flacco had a wide open Jacoby Jones sprinting down the field. Jones makes the grab —
3. — then gets up and takes it into the end zone. Great throw, great catch, great touchdown. But wait — who was it that Jones beat?
4. Is it? Yep: that’s Chris Culliver. Remember Chris Culliver?
5. Yeah, that Chris Culliver.
Culliver made these inflammatory comments earlier this week. He has since pledged to get sensitivity training after the season, and the 49ers publicly admonished him.
6. TAKE THAT, CULLIVER. (That = karma.)
7. So, dance on, Jacoby Jones. Not only did you score a touchdown in the Super Bowl — you also won a victory for LGBT rights.
- Dylann Roof has been formally charged with nine counts of murder for the Charleston church shooting last month.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.