1. In a recent interview, John Green talked about the “epically terrible” ending he originally wrote for The Fault in Our Stars.
Here’s the breakdown Green shared with Nat Wolff (who plays Isaac in the movie) standing by: “[After Augustus dies], Hazel and Van Houten decide that they want to honor Augustus by finding a way to die in a sacrificial way that reflects something about who he was, and so they decide they were going to find a drug lord and kill him even though they themselves will die in a hail of bullets from all of the security around the drug lord.”
3. Thankfully he eventually wrote the (heartbreaking) ending we all know and love.
4. Watch the whole thing here:
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›