1. In a recent interview, John Green talked about the “epically terrible” ending he originally wrote for The Fault in Our Stars.
Here’s the breakdown Green shared with Nat Wolff (who plays Isaac in the movie) standing by: “[After Augustus dies], Hazel and Van Houten decide that they want to honor Augustus by finding a way to die in a sacrificial way that reflects something about who he was, and so they decide they were going to find a drug lord and kill him even though they themselves will die in a hail of bullets from all of the security around the drug lord.”
3. Thankfully he eventually wrote the (heartbreaking) ending we all know and love.
4. Watch the whole thing here:
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- SAB Miller has accepted "in principle" a takeover offer from Anheuser-Busch InBev, which would create the world's largest beer company. ›