1. Because the kids are little angels and they cry when anyone gets sent home.
And it just breaks your heart.
2. And it’s actually cute when they are super dramatic.
If an adult did this because he or she got saved from elimination, it would be obnoxious. When a 10-year-old with a New York accent does it, you die.
7. Because they look so cute when they have to wear chef’s whites for the restaurant takeover episode.
8. Because Alexander is so sweet and talented, and takes it very well when the judges say he looks like Julia Child’s lost grandson.
9. Because Kaylen is a hero.
She just is. Look at that face.
10. Because Sarah is adorable and has to stand on a box to reach to the countertop.
12. Because Jack is the cutest little herb-chopping maniac who wears Hawaiian-print t-shirts.
He discovered the shirts on a trip to Hawaii and cooks in them because they’re so comfortable that he thinks they bring good luck to his food. “Right now, I own ten. I’ll probably own twenty pretty soon,” he told NYMag. THE CUTEST.
14. Because when they cook, we can actually understand what’s happening.
Unlike big person Masterchef, when the contestants are always making weird stuff and who even knows how.
15. In fact, the food is simple enough that it actually inspires you to cook, instead of just eat.
16. Because they get insanely nervous every time the judges taste their food instead of having egos about it.
18. And as he helps them, the viewers actually learn something.
From a cooking show?? LEARNING?? No way!
23. And when they fail they don’t hold back showing their disappointment.
24. And most of all, because unlike the adult version, they are overwhelmingly loving and supportive of each other.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️