2. But it’s not just any old dish. It’s a hooded dish with a big round opening.
3. This is important because you can reach in there and get salt easily.
5. …so if your salt is in a cabinet somewhere, you’re doing it wrong.
6. They aren’t named that because they look like a pig. That’s a dumb way to get a name.
7. They’re named because the word “pig” in an old Scottish dialect means earthenware jar or pot. And that’s a badass way to get a name.
9. …or at least they do if you get a proper earthenware one with an interior made of unglazed ceramic that absorbs moisture.
11. Also they aren’t always shaped like pigs.
Oops. That one’s a cat. HOW DID THAT GET IN HERE.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.