Response to Music On “SNL,” Then And Now:
SONG INTERRUPTIONS… 1977 - Elvis Costello interrupts his own intended song, launches instead into a blistering “Radio Radio” - a harsh critique of media culture. 2004 - Ashlee Simpson awkwardly dances off when the wrong prerecorded vocal track plays.
Okay, here’s my incomplete list of worse things… 1. The Holocaust
4. The Spanish Inquisition
5. Westboro Baptist Church
6. Abraham Lincoln Assassination
7. Mahatma Gandhi Assassination
8. JFK Assassination
9. MLK Assassination
10. RFK Assassination
11. Medgar Evers Assassination
12. Malcolm X Assassination
13. John Lennon Assassination
14. Ronald Reagan Attempted Assassination
15. Challenger Explosion
16. Chernobyl Meltdown
17. Genocide in Kosovo
18. Genocide in Armenia
19. The Trail of Tears
23. Catholic Church pedophilia scandal
24. Rabbi Weberman pedophilia scandal
25. Penn State pedophilia scandal
26. Jimmy Saville pedophilia scandal
27. Bill Buckner’s error in the 1986 World Series (if you like the Red Sox)
28. The smell of feces
32. Watching your child die
33. The Troubles (Northern Ireland bombings)
34. Israeli-Palestinian violence
35. My Lai massacre
36. Any plane crash
38. Hindenburg There. I’ve doubled your list, and only one item on there is even debatable. There are, in fact, countless things that are “literally” worse than Beyonce being caught possibly lip syncing. Lighten the hell up, Buzzfeed. Lighten. The hell. Up.
Fourth picture down: Please welcome…Porn Star Librarian and Austin Powers!
It sounds like he’s doing his impression of a super white guy’s pronunciation of a very Spanish name.
Response to 46 People With Unfortunate Names:
It occurred to me that, name-wise, Dick Wolf is a more badass version of Peter Coyote.
What was it that Karl Rove said when it was the other way around in the Bush era? “You’re entitled to *your* math; we’re entitled to *the* math?”