1. A version of Britney Spears’ new single, “Alien”, without Auto-Tune has been leaked online. And… Wow.
2. William Orbit, who produced the track, said that leaking the track was “unkind”.
According to Orbit, this version is Britney “warming up”, and was never intended to be released.
He wrote on Facebook: “Warming up is essential if you’re a pro, as it is with a runner doing stretches, and it takes a while to do properly. I’ve heard all manner of sounds emitted during warmups. The point is that it is not supposed to be shared with millions of listeners.”
He continued: “A generous singer will put something down the mic to help the engineer get their systems warmed up and at the right level, maybe whilst having a cup of herb tea and checking through lyrics before the session really kicks off. It’s not expected to be a ‘take’.”
3. Here’s the slightly more pleasant Auto-Tuned version.
The original video leaked onto YouTube has been pulled after a copyright claim was made by Sony Music Entertainment.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›