Entertainment Weekly reports that the highly-anticipated third season of the BBC’s Sherlock will return to PBS on January 19th at 10:00pm. This is the first time that the show’s American air date has been announced before the U.K. premiere date, but as the BBC has “first window” rights to air the show, it’s almost certainly 100% positive that it will air overseas first (spoilers be damned).
“We are hugely excited about this next series of Sherlock, and have worked closely with our partners, Masterpiece and PBS, to bring these episodes to U.S. audiences in January,” said
Sherlock executive producer Sue Vertue in a statement. “We promise our fans that Season 3 is worth waiting for.”
“It better be,” said the show’s fans, who have been waiting TWO YEARS for a resolution to Season 2’s finale, in which Sherlock Holmes (played by Benedict Cumberbatch) faked his own death.
3. Update - 12:25 p.m.: PBS has announced the air dates for ALL THREE EPISODES of the new season:
“The Empty Hearse” – Sunday, January 19, 2014 at 10 p.m.
“The Sign of Three” – Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 10 p.m.
“His Last Vow” – Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 10 p.m.
4. Accurate depiction of the Sherlock fandom:
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.
- The deadline for a deal on Iran's nuclear program was extended again, to the end of the week.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.