1. “Are you hungry? My mom made food.”
The show kicked off with a recording of Kelis’ 5-year-old son, Knight, asking this essential question. Kelis premiered songs from her upcoming album, Food, which drops next month.
2. “She tryin’ to be Mariah?”
When Kelis hit glass-shattering decibels during new song “Cobbler.”
3. “Are those flowers real?”
Followed by, “Are they edible arrangements?”
Notably, that would fit with the Food theme. Alas, the flowers were only garnish.
4. “Garth Trinidad is kinda hot!”
Defying everything we’ve always heard about DJs being “too ugly for television,” KCRW-FM’s Garth Trinidad is pretty attractive, with a smooth radio voice to boot.
5. “(Ban) Bossy”
Anytime someone brought up Kelis’ smash, “Bossy,” the conversation dovetailed into, “Hey, have you seen anything about this ‘Ban Bossy’ movement?” and “I wonder if Kelis is involved at all.”
6. “That trumpet player is a boss.”
True. In fact, her entire ensemble was on point.
7. “Is she going to play ‘Milkshake?’”
Indeed she DID play “Milkshake.” Subsequently, the crowd lost its damn mind and started dancing uncontrollably. She ended the song with: “See? Still fun.” Truer words were never spoken.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Greece has a new finance minister after Yanis Varoufakis resigned on Monday following the country's "no" vote on austerity measures tied to further bailout funds.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.