1. Stan Lee, born Stanley Martin Lieber, loved to smile in photos.
3. In 1942, he joined the Army to create manuals and slogans. And smile in his dapper uniform.
4. By 1947, he married the beautiful Joan Clayton Boocock, another reason to smile.
5. And settled down to work at Atlas Comics, or as it is now known, Marvel. Which was serious business.
6. By 1968, Marvel was booming, as was Lee’s facial hair. The smile returned.
7. And in 1975, the mustache had evolved into its trademark look, sans beard. However…
11. But we forgive him because he also posed for photos like this.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.
- The U.S. and Cuba have agreed to open embassies in Washington and Havana as they restore diplomatic ties after more than 50 years.