1. Stan Lee, born Stanley Martin Lieber, loved to smile in photos.
3. In 1942, he joined the Army to create manuals and slogans. And smile in his dapper uniform.
4. By 1947, he married the beautiful Joan Clayton Boocock, another reason to smile.
5. And settled down to work at Atlas Comics, or as it is now known, Marvel. Which was serious business.
6. By 1968, Marvel was booming, as was Lee’s facial hair. The smile returned.
7. And in 1975, the mustache had evolved into its trademark look, sans beard. However…
8. 1975 was a dark year. The year Stan discovered…duck face.
11. But we forgive him because he also posed for photos like this.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›