1. Stan Lee, born Stanley Martin Lieber, loved to smile in photos.
3. In 1942, he joined the Army to create manuals and slogans. And smile in his dapper uniform.
4. By 1947, he married the beautiful Joan Clayton Boocock, another reason to smile.
5. And settled down to work at Atlas Comics, or as it is now known, Marvel. Which was serious business.
6. By 1968, Marvel was booming, as was Lee’s facial hair. The smile returned.
7. And in 1975, the mustache had evolved into its trademark look, sans beard. However…
11. But we forgive him because he also posed for photos like this.