1. Earlier this week, artist Eddi Aguirre Cendejaz shocked people with his interpretation of Barbie sans makeup.
2. However, Nickolay Lamm felt something was off.
Surely Cendejaz was overstating Barbie’s natural state. So Lamm decided to remove just the makeup from several dolls, including one from the Bratz line and a Cinderella doll from the official Disney Princess collection.
3. Turns out, Barbie still looks fantastic without makeup.
4. Going to work without makeup, like a boss.
5. She doesn’t seem like she’s wearing that much until you take it off.
6. Bratz become 600% more acceptable to give as a gift to a second-grader.
7. Even Cinderella looks fresh faced and ready to take on her stepfamily.
8. This begs the question, “If dolls look good without makeup, do they even need to include it?”
- Doctors Without Borders is demanding a war crimes investigation into the U.S. bombing of its Afghan hospital. ›
- Syrian troops launched a major ground offensive, backed by Russian airstrikes, against opposition forces. ›
- Tomas Lindahl, Paul Modrich, and Aziz Sancar have won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for figuring out how cells repair DNA. ›