1. You’ve never seen a circus like this before.
2. Samantha Martin is the founder, trainer, and “chief human” of the Amazing Acro-Cats, a troupe of former orphans, rescues, and strays.
3. Her goal, she says, is to “promote the benefits of training” and “show people that cats can be trained.”
4. And the show, which they perform all over the country, certainly does demonstrate that. THIS CAT IS RUNNING ON A PINK BALL.
5. AND THIS CAT IS TOTALLY OWNING SOME KIND OF GLITTER-BARREL.
7. No matter how good a cat trainer Martin is, though, they need a groundhog to play the gong. (Everyone knows cats can’t play the gong.)
8. “People are thrilled no matter what the cats do,” Martin says. “Sometimes the cats do great, and other times the cats are terrible.”
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›