1. Her Twitter feed is a thing of pure glory.
Seriously. She is the queen bee of tweeting.
2. She keeps it real.
3. She’ll even call out a major magazine for photoshop use.
In a world where the media and advertising continue to set an unrealistic standard of beauty, it’s refreshing to see this kind of attitude.
5. Her lyrics are wise beyond her years.
She wrote the majority of Pure Heroine when she was only 15!
6. She can rock out with the very best.
Here she is killing it at Nirvana’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction. Dave Grohl has said that she gives him hope for the future of pop music.
9. The signature “claw hand” is especially great.
Let’s just hope she can keep it in good shape.
10. She’s a proud feminist.
“I’m speaking for a bunch of girls when I say that the idea that feminism is completely natural and shouldn’t even be something that people find mildly surprising,” Lorde said in an interview.
Ya hear that, Shailene Woodley?
11. She preaches strength and independence.
“It’s so unhealthy for young girls to be listening to, you know: ‘I’m nothing without you,’” she said in an interview with Fader. “This sort of shirt-tugging, desperate, don’t leave me stuff. That’s not a good thing for young girls, even young people, to hear.”
13. She said this.
15. And this.
16. She has her own unique sense of style.
17. And amazing hair.
It’s unruly and magnificent and worthy of infinite hair flips.
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›