2. Or help you reach that spot right behind your ears:
3. Sometimes they can help you improvise when you run out of gas:
5. Sometimes cops can make sure you have the best party ever:
6. And some would even make a great addition to your beer pong team:
9. And know that no one, and nothing, is safe from the long arm of the law:
11. Or learn what you should fill out in the “eyes” section the hard way:
14. Sometimes cops have a perfectly good reason to treat someone like an idiot:
15. And sometimes they give amazing statements on behalf of their dogs like this one:
16. But then there are always cops that help make little kids’ dreams come true:
17. Or cops that help give homeless kids clothes again:
18. There are some that will block a lane to let an injured cat die in peace:
19. And some that will help a terminally ill kid live out his dream of being Batman:
20. There are some cops that feel that honesty is the best policy:
21. And some that will shut down everything to help a turtle cross the street:
22. There are some cops that will buy a homeless man shoes on a cold night:
Jennifer Foster was visiting Times Square on Nov. 14 when she snapped the heartwarming moment. Here’s her account of what happened:
“Right when I was about to approach, one of your officers came up behind him. The officer said, ‘I have these size 12 boots for you, they are all-weather. Let’s put them on and take care of you.’ The officer squatted down on the ground and proceeded to put socks and the new boots on this man. The officer expected NOTHING in return and did not know I was watching*. I have been in law enforcement for 17 years. I was never so impressed in my life. I did not get the officer’s name. It is important, I think, for all of us to remember the real reason we are in this line of work. The reminder this officer gave to our profession in his presentation of human kindness has not been lost on myself or any of the Arizona law enforcement officials with whom this story has been shared.”
23. And help a family of ducklings find their way home if they get stuck:
24. There are some cops that help let a blind child live out his dream of becoming an officer:
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.
- The deadline for a deal on Iran's nuclear program was extended again, to the end of the week.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.