5. When a 14-year-old boy whose mother was undergoing chemotherapy made this message in the snow to brighten her spirits:
“MOM GOD BLESS U!”
13. The story of Bagel Jesus, the man who saves old bagels from work and distributes them to the hungry on the street:
14. Nate’s dad’s note:
I overheard your phone conversation with Mike last night about your plans to come out to me. The only thing I need you to plan is to bring home OJ and bread after class. We are out, like you now. I’ve known you were gay since you were six. I’ve loved you since you were born.
P.S. Your mom and I think you and Mike make a cute couple.”
15. An NBA athlete giving his warm-ups to a child with special needs:
22. Friendship finding a way:
“Caleb’s buddy Ike missed him very much and when I went to the kids room earlier today and played with Ike for a bit, he asked how Caleb was doing and so did Caleb’s other friend Casey. We said out goodbyes and I headed back to Caleb’s room. Ike rolled over in his wheelchair and knocked on the door and wanted to come say hello. Caleb is on double doors and is unable to leave the room so I grabbed some rubber gloves and a controller and gave it to Ike outside the glass, now they are having a blast playing Call of Duty. Love seeing these guys smiling and just being kids.”
26. The man who reads every day at lunch to a man who cannot read:
30. This important correction:
“I got to tackle the official “#1 worst portrait tattoo in the world” today. The man who got it went on to tell me the story behind the portrait; He had just married his beautiful wife and not even three months afterwards she was killed in a horrible house fire accident leaving him to raise their three children alone. He went to a local tattoo studio to memorialize his wife and was left with this abomination. He drove all the way to my studio, Empire Ink, and I gifted the entire project to him for free. Now he has closure and I have an amazing story to add to my portfolio!”
32. A 36-year-old man’s parents remembering the day he created as a child:
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.