5. When a 14-year-old boy whose mother was undergoing chemotherapy made this message in the snow to brighten her spirits:
“MOM GOD BLESS U!”
13. The story of Bagel Jesus, the man who saves old bagels from work and distributes them to the hungry on the street:
14. Nate’s dad’s note:
I overheard your phone conversation with Mike last night about your plans to come out to me. The only thing I need you to plan is to bring home OJ and bread after class. We are out, like you now. I’ve known you were gay since you were six. I’ve loved you since you were born.
P.S. Your mom and I think you and Mike make a cute couple.”
15. An NBA athlete giving his warm-ups to a child with special needs:
22. Friendship finding a way:
“Caleb’s buddy Ike missed him very much and when I went to the kids room earlier today and played with Ike for a bit, he asked how Caleb was doing and so did Caleb’s other friend Casey. We said out goodbyes and I headed back to Caleb’s room. Ike rolled over in his wheelchair and knocked on the door and wanted to come say hello. Caleb is on double doors and is unable to leave the room so I grabbed some rubber gloves and a controller and gave it to Ike outside the glass, now they are having a blast playing Call of Duty. Love seeing these guys smiling and just being kids.”
26. The man who reads every day at lunch to a man who cannot read:
30. This important correction:
“I got to tackle the official “#1 worst portrait tattoo in the world” today. The man who got it went on to tell me the story behind the portrait; He had just married his beautiful wife and not even three months afterwards she was killed in a horrible house fire accident leaving him to raise their three children alone. He went to a local tattoo studio to memorialize his wife and was left with this abomination. He drove all the way to my studio, Empire Ink, and I gifted the entire project to him for free. Now he has closure and I have an amazing story to add to my portfolio!”
32. A 36-year-old man’s parents remembering the day he created as a child:
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️