2. What the United States looks like overlaid on the Moon:
boredboarder8 / Via reddit.com
4. What the United Kingdom looks like in comparison with Texas:
7. The Pacific Ocean as seen from space:
10. The highlighted area is where 2% of the population of Australia live:
e8odie / Via reddit.com
12. The world map adjusted for population size (one square = one million people):
This map is from 2005.
13. Individual U.S. states laid onto similar-sized European countries:
Richard Kegler / Via etsy.com
15. Places on Earth where you can dig a massive hole and not end up in the water:
19. What would happen if every country with a coastline sank:
22. What the world’s oceans would look like if the world stopped spinning:
universal_cynic / Via reddit.com
25. Alaska compared to the rest of the continental United States:
basically this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcFaVfTDWcs
Here Are The Top Stories
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Debris found on an island in the Indian Ocean belongs to the same type of aircraft as the missing Malaysia Airlines flight, a U.S. official told the Associated Press.