1. Remember a few months ago when a bunch of people all tried to play Pokemon at the same time?
3. Well, forget about it, ya knucklehead. The future is here, and the future is a betta fish trying to make its way through a game of Pokemon Red.
5. The fish, Grayson, “plays” the game by moving around in its bowl, and its movement corresponds to the video game character’s movement.
As I’m sure you can guess, things are moving a bit slowly.
6. Shockingly enough, the fish has made some progress.
Grayson has been playing for around 135 hours. Last time I checked, Grayson had acquired his first Pokemon, a charmander named AAAABBK and defeated his first opponent, the rival’s squirtle!
7. As of right now, there are almost 15,000 people watching a fish swim around a bowl and try to play Pokemon. The messages in the stream’s livechat speak for themselves.
14. The fish might be dead.
Well, it was a good run.
- Chicago police chief Garry McCarthy has resigned after backlash from the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›