1. The YKK on your zipper stands for Yoshida Kogyo Kabushikigaisha.
2. A blue whale’s heart is so big that a small child can swim through its veins.
3. The combination of an exclamation point and a question mark is called an “interrobang.”
4. When you yawn and stretch at the time, you are “pandiculating.”
5. The dot over a “j” or an “i” is called a “tittle.”
6. And the metal part on a pencil is called a “ferrule.”
7. These two guys are voiced by the same person.
8. Tupac danced ballet in high school and ended up portraying the Mouse King in a production of The Nutcracker.
9. Elephants use the skin folds on their backs to crush mosquitos.
11. -40 Celsius and -40 Fahrenheit are the same temperature.
12. The barnacle has the largest penis in the animal kingdom when compared with its size.
13. A flamboyance is a group of flamingos.
18. The Humpty Dumpty rhyme never says he’s an egg.
19. The groove located in the middle of the place above your lips is called a “philtrum.”
20. And the sleeve on the outside of a coffee cup is called a “zarf.”
21. A strawberry is not actually a berry, but a banana is.
And this is what a wild banana looks like.
22. This is how pineapples grow.
24. The Ottoman Empire still existed the last time the Chicago Cubs won a World Series.
25. “Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia” is the scientific term for brain freeze.
28. You can play Duck Hunt with two people — one to control the gun and the other to control the birds.
29. You are more likely to die from a falling coconut than a shark attack.
30. All the water in Lake Superior would cover North and South America in one foot of water.
33. Adele and Lady Gaga are both younger than Carly Rae Jepsen.
34. The difference in time between when the Tyrannosaurus rex and the stegosaurus lived is greater than the difference in time between when the Tyrannosaurus rex lived and now.
35. And, probably most useless of all, the only state that doesn’t contain any of the letters in the word “mackerel” is Ohio.
- A BuzzFeed News investigation lifts the lid on a security scandal that the police and MI5 tried to keep secret.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail after posting bond.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store.