1. Matt Smith has signed up to play Patrick Bateman in a new stage musical version of American Psycho.
He will play the infamous serial killer in a new production adapted from Bret Easton Ellis’ seminal novel. The book has been adapted for the stage by Roberto Aguirre Sacasa and music and lyrics by Duncan Sheik. The director is Rupert Goold. We didn’t even know Matt could sing.
2. He just finished filming Doctor Who at the weekend and is straight into rehearsals today.
No rest for the wicked, but he’ll need to be getting a move on. The production opens for previews at London’s Almedia Theatre on December 3 ahead of an official opening on December 12.
3. Matt is used to saving lives. Now he’s going to be taking them.
4. It’s almost as much of a shock as when Billie Piper left the show and went off to play a prostitute.
In ITV2’s Secret Diary Of A Call Girl.
- The European Union is now using naval vessels in the Mediterranean to intercept boats that are smuggling refugees and migrants to Europe. ›
- Texas carried out its 11th execution of the year on Tuesday — the most of any state — putting to death an inmate who murdered a man over $8. ›
- The U.S. is investigating how a cargo ship with 33 people on board sank during Hurricane Joaquin. The ship went missing in the Caribbean last week. ›