1. Sean Bean, Sheffield
One does simply not just play Ned Stark, Boromir, Alec Trevelyan, and Richard Sharpe. One must first be born in Yorkshire.
2. Lena Headey, Huddersfield
Actress, best known for Game of Thrones, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and 300.
3. Matthew Lewis, Leeds
DAILY REMINDER: Neville is hot now. You may need to sit down. Yorkshire wins.
4. Jessica Ennis-Hill, Sheffield
Heptathlete. Current Olympic and former World and European Champion.
5. Alex Turner, Sheffield
Singer and songwriter, Arctic Monkeys. I bet that you look good in the bedroom…
6. Corinne Bailey Rae, Leeds
Grammy and MOBO-winning singer/songwriter.
7. Sir Patrick Stewart, Mirfield
Actor, best known for roles in the X-Men movies, and Star Trek: The Next Generation. Make. It. So.
8. Jodie Whittaker, Huddersfield
Actress, best known for films Venus, and Attack the Block, and TV series Broadchurch and The Smoke.
9. James Frain, Leeds
Actor, best known for roles in The Tudors, True Blood, and Sleepy Hollow.
10. Jennifer Metcalfe, Bradford
Actress, best known for her role in the TV soap Hollyoaks.
11. Andrew-Lee Potts, Bradford
Actor, best known for Primeval and the Syfy mini-series Alice. (Brother of Sarah-Jane Potts, below.)
12. Sarah-Jane Potts, Bradford
Actress, best known for the film Kinky Boots and the soaps Holby City and Waterloo Road. (Sister of Andrew-Lee Potts, above.)
13. Edward Hogg, Doncaster
Actor, best known for the films White Lightnin’ and Bunny & The Bull.
14. Maimie McCoy, Northallerton
Actress, best known for her role in TV series The Musketeers.
15. Oliver Sykes, Sheffield
Singer, Bring Me the Horizon. Bring me breakfast in bed, more like.
16. Kimberley Walsh, Bradford
Singer, Girls Aloud.
17. Jarvis Cocker, Sheffield
18. Melanie Brown, Leeds
Spice Girl and television presenter.
19. Dominic West, Sheffield
Actor, best known for his role as Jimmy McNulty in HBO’s The Wire.
20. Zöe Lucker, Huddersfield
Actress, best known for roles in Footballer’s Wives, Eastenders, and Waterloo Road.
21. The Brownlee brothers, Leeds
Triathletes. Alistair and Jonathan both won Olympic medals in London.
22. Jessica-Jane Clement, Sheffield
Model, actress, and TV presenter, best known for starring in the The Real Hustle.
23. Jimi Mistry, Scarborough
Actor, best known for films East is East and its sequel, and for his roles on TV soaps Eastenders and Coronation Street.
24. Natalie Anderson, Bradford
Actress, best known for roles in Emmerdale and The Royal.
25. Richard Coyle, Sheffield
Actor, best known for roles in Topsy-Turvy, Lorna Doone, and Going Postal, as well as television comedy Coupling.
26. Verity Rushworth, Bradford
Actress, best known for her role on TV soap Emmerdale.
27. Gary Jarman, Wakefield
Bassist, The Cribs.
28. Charlie Webster, Sheffield
Sports TV presenter, covering football, superbikes, speedway, and boxing for the BBC, ITV4, Sky Sports, ESPN, Star Sports, Setanta Sports, and Channel 4.
It has been brought to BuzzFeed’s attention that Gary Jarman is in fact the better looking Jarman twin. Apologies for any offense this may have caused, especially if you’re Ryan Jarman.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- Zimbabwe park officials reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.