1. Jesus, he’s drunk.
“Pietà,” by Michelangelo.
The Chapel Bar & Bistro in Auckland, NZ. “7 Years of Almighty Nights.”
Here’s the ad agency press note:
After creating a stir with their 7th birthday print advert last year (here’s that ad) Chapel Bar has released another two executions in its holy campaign. Featuring a twist on your traditional biblical characters, the first execution generated massive media attention, with the second two in the series on track to continue the trend.”
Ad agency: Ogilvy & Mather, New Zealand.
2. “I will never drink again. A — HUUUURGGEHH — men.”
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.