3. The Moxie Horse Mobiles were big in the 1920s. Not a real horse.
10. Via Italy. Don’t know what business it was for, but it was a sharp vehicle.
11. The very slick Butagaz-mobile, another French butane/propane company.
12. This rocket-like vehicle promoted the futuristic TELEAVIA French TV. These French promo vehicles used to line up along the Tour de France route.
20. The “Tonymobile” which also features other Kellogg’s icons Toucan Sam and Snap, Crackle, and Pop.
21. The Boston Lobster Feast Bug of Orlando is pretty damn scary.
22. Who wouldn’t want to drive an orange? The Outspan Orangemobile is via Fyffes, an Irish fruit and produce company.
24. Unknown farm or produce truck. Damn nice.
26. Tina’s Italian Ices
28. The turtle Beetle of Turtle Transit, a business that makes custom promo vehicles.
30. This burgermobile is via the Westport Flea Market Bar & Grillin of Kansas City.
31. The “Avacardo” is appearing in a current Subway commercial.
38. A shoe car (made of leather) for Kang shoes, via China.
39. A HippoMobile, via Kabaya, a Japanese confectionery company.
40. Yes, it’s Lincoln’s Toe Truck of Seattle. A Beautiful thing.
43. The “Sperm” bike of the European Sperm Bank, via Copnehagen. That’s CEO Peter Bower delivering frozen samples to fertility clinics. Really.
About half these great photos are via the Product Mobiles blog, which updates regularly. Check it out.
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- CC Sabathia, a pitcher for the playoff-bound New York Yankees, says he's checking himself into an alcohol rehab center. ›