1. It’s not the tat, it’s not the necklace, it’s not the earring, it’s not even that hair…thing. it’s the BANGLES.
6. I know what you’re thinking: He’s a hippie, not a hipster. Wrong. He’s a hippie poseur. Trust me, I’ve lived in NYC for 27 years and have seen every incantation of the hipster. Plus, look at his jorts style.
7. Note how the subway riders on either side need to give him extra room for his ennui.
8. Note left on a scooter. Wrong, it is exactly because he is a hipster that he can park in the middle of the sidewalk.
11. Lastly Yelp, which always tells the truth, has heat-mapped hipsters in 11 American cities.
12. NEED MORE PROOF?
In The News Today
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›