1. Growing up, you spent endless weekends trying to earn as many merit badges as you could.
2. You camped out in your own back yard every chance you could get.
3. You had a watch tan all summer, every summer.
4. Even your clean clothes smelled like campfire.
5. You constantly had an urge to tie things into square knots.
6. You had absolutely no idea how to cook things without a dutch oven.
7. You recycled through the same twelve adjectives when asked to describe yourself.
8. Putting a new merit badge on your sash became an addictive feeling.
9. And you developed a Type A personality when it came to the organization.
10. You gasp whenever you see an American flag touching the ground.
11. Your Pinewood Derby trophy still has its own shrine in your room.
12. You thought a pocket knife could solve any problem.
And still do.
14. There wasn’t one stick left un-whittled in your yard.
15. You have incredibly awkward photos of yourself as a Cub Scout that you know will be used as blackmail at some point.
16. Your friends could never get ahold of you because you were usually in a remote area with no service.
17. You took pride in selling popcorn in front of your local grocery store.
18. You often found yourself preferring the comfort of a sleeping bag over your actual bed.
19. You were more concerned about getting your Eagle than getting into college.
20. You succeeded in earning your Eagle despite the lack of people who actually showed up to your service project.
21. You were terrified of turning 18 because the best adventure of your life would come to an end…
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›