1. What a difference a day makes.
2. In case you missed that story, this is John Lewis of Blacksburg, Virginia.
John tweets @johnlewis.
3. This is Congressman John Lewis, civil rights campaigner.
This John is the Congressional representative for Georgia’s fifth district, and tweets @repjohnlewis.
4. He gave a speech this weekend at the National Action to Realize the Dream in Washington, marking 50 years since Martin Luther King’s speech.
5. Lewis also gave a speech that day. He was the youngest person to take the podium.
6. And because of that, people are getting confused again.
We need a march through the south like @johnlewis said, the gerrymandered south. March & register all brothers & sisters!/ Via
7. John Lewis supports equality, even though people aren’t talking about him.
@joesegal I agree completely, though I think you may have been referring to the wonderful civil rights leader. March on!/ Via
Thank you @JohnLewis for refusing to bow to #VotingRights opponents #MOW50/ Via
@DeHol I agree that the recent assault on voting rights is horrific, though I think you may have been referring to the civil rights leader./ Via
10. Even Marc Morial, President of the National Urban League, the country’s biggest civil rights group, got the two Johns confused.
Inspired by words of @johnlewis/ Via
@MARCMORIAL Fyi.. I think you meant @repjohnlewis/ Via
@MARCMORIAL I am inspiring, though I think the words of the great civil rights leader are even more so. @repjohnlewis/ Via
CONGRESSMAN @JOHNLEWIS DELIVERS REMARKS AT THE “NATIONAL ACTION TO REALIZE THE DREAM” MARCH AND RALLY http://t.co/4OQnurzDXG/ Via
@MrDavidJohns I agree that my remarks are often remarkable, but those of the wonderful civil rights leader are even more so. @repjohnlewis/ Via
16. Through it all, John Lewis of Virginia has been sanguine about the mistaken identity.
@tom7p It’s all good. I’m now being mistaken for the civil rights leader, too. I wish I had @repjohnlewis class and @johnlewisretail money./ Via
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?