1. DareLondon set up a hidden-camera experiment to see how strangers would react to seeing domestic abuse for ManKind’s #ViolenceIsViolence campaign.
2. A couple (portrayed by actors) in a London park get into a heated argument and things begin to get out of hand. The man begins to physically abuse his “girlfriend.”
3. Onlookers immediately notice and take action. One woman even walks up to the guy yelling, “What’s wrong with you?”
5. Then the situation changes. The actors re-create the same scenario, except this time the woman is abusing the man.
7. No one even attempts to help the guy, and people seem more entertained than anything.
In The News Today
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›
- In a Vanity Fair interview, Rihanna said Rachel Dolezal, who identifies as black even as her parents insist she was born white, "was a bit of a hero." ›