1. The sound of cicadas signaling a 100+° day.
2. This has become an everyday occurrence.
3. The sad reminder of how hot it is when you exit a movie theater.
5. There are no words for the humidity.
6. The backdraft upon opening your car on a hot summer’s day.
7. The fresh branding of a hot seat belt…
8. …followed up by the slow burn of a piping-hot steering wheel.
9. Activities can only be done at night or early in the morning.
10. Having sweat in all the wrong places.
11. Taking your chances on encountering poisonous snakes to float the river.
12. Facing the harsh reality that this is your life FOREVER.
13. Lounging outside for a hot minute and getting this devastating message on your phone.
14. There is an unwritten competition on whose car can get the hottest.
15. The astronomical price of your summer energy bills.
16. Being so fed up with the humidity that you’ve considered shaving your head.
17. Gray shirts are an absolute no-go.
18. You’re constantly nauseated because of your loss of water and dehydration.
19. You end up spending stupid amounts of money at Sonic every day to get an Ocean Water or Cherry Limeade.
21. Feeling your hair stuck to the back of your neck.
22. The sidewalk being so hot you can use it as a cooking surface.
23. Heat stroke is such a BFD, someone had to invent Heat Stroke Prevention Day.
24. You are in disbelief when you hear your friends up north complain about it being 80 degrees.
25. Attempting to cool off in a pool or lake that the heat already got to.
26. Going to the fair can mean risking your well-being.
28. People resort to swimming in public fountains.
29. Everything melts. EVERYTHING.
But hey, you live in the greatest state in the nation, so it’s totally worth it, right? * Cranks up A/C *
- At least three police officers in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting near a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›