Mums are an age-old tradition in Texas during homecoming.
They are big, wearable bouquets of mum flowers, streamers, ribbons and decorations to show school pride.
You give your homecoming date a mum to wear to both school and the homecoming football game.
Some choose to hand-make these for their dates, while the majority design them first, and then have companies create the finished product. Mums can cost hundreds of dollars.
But some mums go really, REALLY over the top:
1. There are ones that can sub as giant-ass valentines.
4. For the Star Wars fan.
5. This one fits nearly the entire main cast of Adventure Time.
10. 1D is what makes it beautiful.
11. For the ones who leave room for the Holy Spirit.
13. A typical mum can be pinned on your shirt. These have to be held up by necklaces.
16. The craftsmanship of the Hello Kitty flowers is second to none.
17. This mum is big enough to hide a small child.
18. Where does this mum end, and that dude’s garter begin?
24. Some can save lives in case of a power outage.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›