1. Someone will blatantly express how ugly the recruitment shirt is in front of the girl who designed it.
2. Then another someone will always forget said shirt for the day…
3. …Causing your president and recruitment chair to morph into a crazy enraged monster that cusses her out in front of EVERY. ONE.
4. Now girls are hysterically crying before the first party is let in, and you have to pick up the pieces.
5. You will make eye contact with a Potential New Member (PNM) while singing your sorority’s song to her as she walks in.
6. It’s so damn loud in the rush room you sometimes have to pretend to understand what the PNM is saying.
7. The room gets so hot, you ultimately have to carry on a conversation dripping in sweat.
8. You will have at least one conversation that is so uncomfortable you’ll want to crawl under a rock.
9. This could be the person that begs you for a bid…
10. …or the PNM who asks you really uncomfortable and personal questions.
11. But nothing is worse than the girl who obviously doesn’t want to be there.
12. Someone will fart in the rush room and you have to act like nothing happened.
13. When saying good-bye, you will forget someone’s name.
14. They also will try to hug you when anything other than shaking hands is against the rules.
15. After the PNMs leave and you’re reviewing who you just saw, one person will decide they’re the leader and scream, “SHUT UP” to the entire group.
16. Two girls go at each other debating the fate of a certain PNM, and you just awkwardly sit there.
17. Then everything crumbles to pieces and an all-out war breaks out due to lack of sleep.
18. Friends in other sororities become your biggest competition and enemies during recruitment.
19. A PNM will try to talk to you outside the rush room and you have to pretend like they don’t exist.
20. During Preference Night someone gets really into the whole sisterhood thing and starts hysterically crying in front of all the PNMs.
21. Someone will be so off-pitch while attempting to harmonize, your ears will feel like bleeding.
22. On Bid Night, there will be PNMs scattered around you hysterically crying and asking what went wrong.
23. When your new pledges are running to you, they will fall, and you have to hold it together.
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›