1. Although father David McClain has been a victim of Lou Gehrig’s Disease for 12 years, he still maintains a positive outlook on life and volunteered to participate in the challenge.
The disease has paralyzed McClain from the shoulders down, and taken away his ability to speak. However, he still explains the disease and who he chose to pass the challenge onto through the speech synthesizer he uses to communicate.
2. He asked all his Facebook friends to not only “take the ice bucket plunge but I also challenge you to make a donation of what you can to the ALS association.”
- Iran's parliament approved a nuclear deal with six other world powers, including the U.S. ›
- Police officers in the UK will record anti-Muslim hate crimes as a specific category in crime statistics for the first time. ›
- There were three stabbings in Jerusalem on Monday, part of a monthlong wave of violence between Israelis and Palestinians. ›