1. Although father David McClain has been a victim of Lou Gehrig’s Disease for 12 years, he still maintains a positive outlook on life and volunteered to participate in the challenge.
The disease has paralyzed McClain from the shoulders down, and taken away his ability to speak. However, he still explains the disease and who he chose to pass the challenge onto through the speech synthesizer he uses to communicate.
2. He asked all his Facebook friends to not only “take the ice bucket plunge but I also challenge you to make a donation of what you can to the ALS association.”
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."