1. Although father David McClain has been a victim of Lou Gehrig’s Disease for 12 years, he still maintains a positive outlook on life and volunteered to participate in the challenge.
The disease has paralyzed McClain from the shoulders down, and taken away his ability to speak. However, he still explains the disease and who he chose to pass the challenge onto through the speech synthesizer he uses to communicate.
2. He asked all his Facebook friends to not only “take the ice bucket plunge but I also challenge you to make a donation of what you can to the ALS association.”
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?