1. Using an iPhone 5s and a few household objects, photographer Lorenz Holder demonstrates seven creative and practical smartphone photography tips that you can try out right now.
2. Tip 1: Use the panoramic mode to take a panoramic sequence.
As you’re panning the smartphone, have your model circle back around you, and stand in a different location. The results are pretty awesome if executed correctly.
4. Tip 2: Use the panoramic mode to take a drive-by panoramic shot from a car.
WARNING: Do not do this while driving. Drive-by panoramic shots should only be taken by the passenger.
8. Tip 4: Use a drop of water to create a macro lens for your smartphone camera.
NOTE: Make sure the water droplet doesn’t run off the lens.
10. Tip 5: Use a car foil sun shade as a reflector.
12. Tip 6: Use a piece of cardboard to make a mini tripod for selfies.
Click here for detailed instructions.
14. Tip 7: Use an empty glass cup as a housing for underwater photos.
WARNING: Just make sure you don’t accidentally drop your phone in the water!
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›