1. Using an iPhone 5s and a few household objects, photographer Lorenz Holder demonstrates seven creative and practical smartphone photography tips that you can try out right now.
2. Tip 1: Use the panoramic mode to take a panoramic sequence.
As you’re panning the smartphone, have your model circle back around you, and stand in a different location. The results are pretty awesome if executed correctly.
4. Tip 2: Use the panoramic mode to take a drive-by panoramic shot from a car.
WARNING: Do not do this while driving. Drive-by panoramic shots should only be taken by the passenger.
8. Tip 4: Use a drop of water to create a macro lens for your smartphone camera.
NOTE: Make sure the water droplet doesn’t run off the lens.
12. Tip 6: Use a piece of cardboard to make a mini tripod for selfies.
Click here for detailed instructions.
14. Tip 7: Use an empty glass cup as a housing for underwater photos.
WARNING: Just make sure you don’t accidentally drop your phone in the water!
- One person died and three more were injured during a shooting on a university campus in Arizona early this morning. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS, U.S. Defense Department officials announced. ›
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›