1. Using household objects, photographer Markus Berger demonstrates seven creative and practical photography tips that you can try out today.
2. Tip 1: Use a beer koozie to protect your lens.
Materials needed: Beer koozie.
3. Tip 2: Use a black tile and a tablet to shoot some awesome product photography.
Materials needed: One black tile, a tablet, and a camera that allows long exposures.
5. Tip 3: Shoot through a glass ball for a different perspective on your subject.
Materials needed: A medium/large glass ball.
7. Tip 4: Use aerosol spray and a lighter to create dramatic fire effects.
Materials needed: Any type of aerosol spray (hairspray works fine) and a lighter. WARNING: USING ANY KIND OF FIRE CAN AND WILL BE DANGEROUS. USE THIS TIP AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION!
9. Tip 5: Cut up the material from a stocking and wrap it around the front of your lens for a soft focus effect.
Materials needed: A pair of stockings and a rubber band.
11. Tip 6: Use a mirror to reflect light for cool lighting effects.
Materials needed: A mirror.
13. Tip 7: Cheap tube lights make for an excellent light source and there are endless ways you can use them.
Materials needed: A cheap tube light.
- Two bomb attacks in the central Nigerian city of Jos have killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️