1. December 1998/January 1999: Jennifer Love Hewitt and Brandy assumed people still cared about what they did last summer.
PLUS: SUGAR RAY! They had important news about SUGAR RAY.
2. February 1999: Justin Timberlake’s ramen noodle hair and the rest of NSYNC gave their most intimate interview ever.
Also, I believe this is when we first began asking questions about Chris Kirkpatrick’s hair.
3. March 1999: Alicia Silverstone opened up about her past problems — which I think was code for regretting her appearance in Batman and Robin.
4. April 1999: Lauryn Hill opened up about fame, all while rocking a ribbed turtleneck, an essential late-’90s fashion staple.
Also, we learned what was really going down in raves. Spoiler alert: DRUGS.
5. May 1999: Drew Barrymore brought assistant manager at the Gap realness to her cover shoot.
Plus they totally teased us with a very Cosmo article title, “Sex on the Job”, but it was about sexual harassment.
6. June/July 1999: In news to make you feel old: Nick Carter, Monica, and Britney Spears were all stars under 21.
8. September 1999: 98 Degrees gave an exclusive interview, which I assume was about tank tops and frosted tips.
9. October 1999: Gotta be honest, Sarah Michelle Gellar looked kinda sleepy on the cover. Maybe she was daydreaming about how she would change the world.
10. November 1999: Jennifer Love Hewitt made an important style choice by wearing an oh-soooo-cute-then crop top with a long skirt on her cover.
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›