A new sculpture for Sydney’s George Street and Town Hall intersection was announced today, and the internet went a little crazy:
1. It didn’t take long for comparisons to start:
4. Mr. Burns coming in peace:
5. Or a big, space ray filled monstrosity:
6. And whatever this is:
7. Maybe one day it will come to life:
8. Or maybe it’s a new initiative from the government to keep us all entertained:
10. While some are a little more…creative.
11. And some people focussed more on what was going on at the bottom of the photo:
12. Apparently it’s called a “Cloud Arch.”
LONG LIVE THE SPACE NOODLE!
Brad Esposito is a staff writer for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Mark Di Stefano is a breaking news reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Jenna Guillaume is a senior editor for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Afghan officials are investigating reports that Mullah Mohammed Omar, the leader of the Taliban, is dead.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️