A new sculpture for Sydney’s George Street and Town Hall intersection was announced today, and the internet went a little crazy:
1. It didn’t take long for comparisons to start:
4. Mr. Burns coming in peace:
5. Or a big, space ray filled monstrosity:
6. And whatever this is:
7. Maybe one day it will come to life:
8. Or maybe it’s a new initiative from the government to keep us all entertained:
10. While some are a little more…creative.
11. And some people focussed more on what was going on at the bottom of the photo:
12. Apparently it’s called a “Cloud Arch.”
LONG LIVE THE SPACE NOODLE!
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.