10. “The Wood, the Bad, and the Hungry” from Home Improvement
Airdate: November 26, 1996
Wherein Tim has a Rankin/Bass-inspired stop-motion animated fantasy sequence.
9. “The Thanksgiving Story” from The Beverly Hillbillies
Airdate: November 27, 1969
Wherein the Clampetts spend Thanksgiving in Hooterville with the casts of Green Acres and Petticoat Junction.
8. “The Little Athiest” from All in the Family
Airdate: November 24, 1975
Wherein Archie and Mike debate the future religion of the Stivics’ unborn baby over Thanksgiving dinner.
7. “Over the River and through the Woods” from The Bob Newhart Show
Airdate: November 22, 1975
Wherein Bob gets drunk with Jerry and Mr. Carlin and tries to order Moo Goo Gai Pan from a Chinese restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner.
6. “Cliff’s Wet Adventure” from The Cosby Show
Airdate: November 16, 1989
Wherein Cliff is repeatedly sent into the rain to buy various things Claire needs for Thanksgiving dinner.
5. “The Mom and Pop Store” from Seinfeld
Airdate: November 17, 1994
Wherein Elaine wins a radio contest (“Next Stop Pottersville!”) so that Mr. Pitt can hold the Woody Woodpecker balloon at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (he finds his laugh “intoxicating”). Meanwhile, Jerry tries to figure out if he’s invited to Tim Whatley’s annual pre-Thanksgiving party.
4. “We Gather Together” from Roseanne
Airdate: November 21, 1989
Wherein the Conner family gathers together for Thanksgiving, and Jackie tries to hide the fact that she’s a police officer from her parents.
Roseanne is arguably better known for its prank-ridden annual Halloween episodes, but its equally hilarious Thanksgiving episodes bump the show up a few spots on this list.
3. “Thanksgiving Orphans” from Cheers
Airdate: November 27, 1986
Wherein the gang spends Thanksgiving together in Carla’s new house, and end up having one of television’s most memorable food fights.
2. “Turkeys Away” from WKRP in Cincinnati
Airdate: October 30, 1978
Wherein Mr. Carlson promotes WKRP by dropping live turkeys from a helicopter (“As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!”).