1. You’ve grown sick and tired of explaining the difference between a latte and cappuccino.
Latte — espresso, lots of milk, foam. Cappuccino — espresso, milk, lots of foam.
2. You dread having to call out a drink order with a name you don’t know how to pronounce.
4. And it peaks when they ask for an EXTRA shot of decaf espresso in it.
An extra decaf shot so you can be extra not-awake?
5. Your brain runs in circles trying to keep up with customers’ meticulous drink modifications.
6. You feel like your world has ended every time you screw up your latte art.
But when you create a cool design, you make the customer wait while you take a photo of it.
7. You have experienced the undeniable pain of burning your hand on the steam wand.
8. You have been trained to keep smiling even when customers treat you like poo.
Behold, the notorious “customer service smile.”
And you literally want to rip someone’s weave out when customers leave you pennies as a tip.
Thanks for the non-legal tender which I can use to buy ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
10. You quiver with exasperation when you are asked to steam a latte to a precise 78 degrees celsius.
11. You inadvertently consume more caffeine in a single shift than the average person does in their lifetime.
12. You sometimes wish you could just throw on an invisibility cloak when someone you know walks into the store.
13. Your hair reaches a whole new level of frizzy over the course of your shift.
14. You stare in disbelief when a customer orders a “grande frappuccino”.
This ain’t no Starbucks honey.
15. You try to force yourself to drink espresso even though it utterly repulses you.
Now, on a somewhat related note, please sit back and watch Ed Sheeran sing about “Cold Coffee in the Morning” — a drink I’m sure many people purchase at your place of work.
The first image has been replaced with Creative Commons images.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter crashed in Colorado. The crash killed the pilot and injured two crew members.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated current Britain's Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?