1. Ikea Meatballs.
Ikea has announced that it is stopping sales “of the concerned batch” of meatballs in Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Hungary, France, Britain, Portugal, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Greece, Cyprus and Ireland.
2. Nestle Beef Tortellini.
Nestle has been included in the European horse meat scandal after two of its chilled pasta products advertised as beef were found to contain more than 1% horse DNA.
3. Nestle Buitoni Beef Ravioli.
Nestle has removed these items from supermarket shelves in Italy, Spain, and France.
4. Nestle Lasagnes a la Bolognaise Gourmandes.
Used exclusively in the catering business.
6. Beef products from the European supermarket chain Tesco.
Aldi spokesperson says: “Anyone who has these products in their freezer should return them to retailers as a precaution.”
8. Burger King threw out thousands of beef patties in the U.K. and Ireland.
9. Irish beef supplier Silvercrest has shipped horse-contaminated meats.
11. Tests on beef distributed by Freeza Meats in Northern Ireland showed the meat contained 80% horse.
12. French beef supplier Spanghero has been accused of passing off horsemeat in meals labeled as beef and selling it to supermarkets in 16 countries.
Production at the company was shut down in wake of the scandal. Production licensee has since been partially restored but the company has been told it must not handle or make any food from frozen products.
In all, horsemeat is believed to have been used in 4,500,000 ready-made meals in 13 European countries.
13. If you dislike horse meat, do not join the Polish or Italian mafias.
An investigation surrounds a scheme where mafias take horsemeat lawfully produced in Eastern European slaughterhouses…
And mix it with ground beef to lower the unit price.
14. However, it should be noted that horsemeat is still eaten in many parts of the world.
You can find horse on regular menus in China, Japan, and Indonesia, as well as countries in Europe, including France and Switzerland.
And Montreal, where people are pretty chill and just don’t think it’s a big deal.
Even celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay serves horsemeat at his restaurants in the U.K.
Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant got dumped with horse manure in a PETA Europe protest against the use of horsemeat in the chef’s recipes back in 2007.
Don’t worry too much, though: None of the companies involved in the European scandal export beef to the U.S.
15. Although selling horsemeat in the U.S. is legal, there are currently no horse slaughterhouses operating. So if you live here, you’re pretty safe.
- Jawesome thinks 15 Tips To Avoid Eating Horse Meat is Ew
- Dollabils thinks 15 Tips To Avoid Eating Horse Meat is WTF & Ew
- elleabruxelles thinks 15 Tips To Avoid Eating Horse Meat is Trashy
- jjduffy thinks 15 Tips To Avoid Eating Horse Meat is Ew
The issue isn’t that it’s horse (I’d quite happily eat horse if it’s sold to me as horse) or that it contains Bute (which you’d apparently have to eat over 20,000 horse burgers in one day for it to have any effect) it’s that we’re being sold expensive beef and are paying a premium for what we’re told is 100% beef, when it’s just cheap horse meat. The public is being ripped off into paying more for something that should be cheaper.
- gabbypenisloverp thinks 15 Tips To Avoid Eating Horse Meat is LOL
- jrogers6198 thinks 15 Tips To Avoid Eating Horse Meat is WTF, Ew & Cute
- Courtney Mastin thinks 15 Tips To Avoid Eating Horse Meat is WTF & Awkward
- jess pants thinks 15 Tips To Avoid Eating Horse Meat is Awkward
- meghannd 15 Tips To Avoid Eating Horse Meat
- ilincad 15 Tips To Avoid Eating Horse Meat
- tragicgirl thinks 15 Tips To Avoid Eating Horse Meat is OMG & LOL
- Alibug 15 Things To Avoid If You Don't...
- BrenReid 15 Things To Avoid If You Don't...
- 15 Things To Avoid If You Don't... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- 15 Things To Avoid If You Don't... is starting to get hot on Facebook Share It
- lisarowe thinks 15 Things To Avoid If You Don't... is Ew
The us exports horses to Mexico where they slaughter thousands of them a year :( What’s truly tragic is that the kill the horses with nail guns to the head. It sometimes takes many shots before the poor animal dies. They suffer, they are tortured… If you eat meat.. You are contributing to suffering & murder of Gods innocent creatures.
- morganht thinks 15 Things To Avoid If You Don't... is Awkward
- emily thinks 15 Things To Avoid If You Don't... is Awkward
- MsSkeet thinks 15 Things To Avoid If You Don't... is OMG