1. Flawless legend Cher contributed vocals to TWO songs for the new Wu-Tang Clan album, Once Upon A Time in Shaolin.
A rep for Cher confirmed to Rolling Stone that the goddess’ vocals are on two tracks. Wu-Tang teased her appearance on their website using her pseudonym Bonnie Jo Mason, which she used in 1964 when she released her first solo single, “Ringo, I Love You.” She didn’t actually hang out in the studio with Wu-Tang, though: “She recorded her parts separately, so I don’t believe there was direct interaction,” said the rep.
2. Wu-Tang Clan are only releasing ONE physical copy of Shaolin.
The album, sitting in a custom-crafted box of engraved silver and nickel, will tour museums and galleries before it’s auctioned off to the highest bidder.
3. You can hear a snippet of Cher’s part in a video from Forbes, where Cher sings “Wu-Tang, baby. They rock the world.”
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.
- The deadline for a deal on Iran's nuclear program was extended again, to the end of the week.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.