9. Visits from Australia’s most majestic animal, the emu.
10. So elegant. No wonder they put it on the Australia’s official crest.
13. Newspaper articles about cows photobombing horses stuck in a fences.
14. Nightmare koalas waiting for you in your garage, presumably to consume you.
21. Well-coordinated renditions of The Simpsons in the opinion pages.
24. Fishermen using sharks as bait to catch even bigger sharks.
25. Crime so bad that even the prostitutes are getting out of town.
26. Swooping kookaburras… which sounds funny, until you see how giant a kookaburra’s beak is.
(P.S. We’re looking for editors in New Zealand/Australia: Apply here!)
- The main suspect in last month's bombing of Bangkok's Erawan shrine has been arrested, Thailand's prime minister says. ›
- Hundreds of people have arrived by train to Austria from Hungary on Monday, as European Union asylum rules collapsed under the escalating migration crisis. ›
- A video released on Monday shows two Texas deputies fatally shooting a man with his hands up. A witness sold the footage to a local TV station for $100. ›