9. Visits from Australia’s most majestic animal, the emu.
10. So elegant. No wonder they put it on the Australia’s official crest.
13. Newspaper articles about cows photobombing horses stuck in a fences.
14. Nightmare koalas waiting for you in your garage, presumably to consume you.
21. Well-coordinated renditions of The Simpsons in the opinion pages.
24. Fishermen using sharks as bait to catch even bigger sharks.
25. Crime so bad that even the prostitutes are getting out of town.
26. Swooping kookaburras… which sounds funny, until you see how giant a kookaburra’s beak is.
(P.S. We’re looking for editors in New Zealand/Australia: Apply here!)
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.