9. Visits from Australia’s most majestic animal, the emu.
10. So elegant. No wonder they put it on the Australia’s official crest.
13. Newspaper articles about cows photobombing horses stuck in a fences.
14. Nightmare koalas waiting for you in your garage, presumably to consume you.
21. Well-coordinated renditions of The Simpsons in the opinion pages.
24. Fishermen using sharks as bait to catch even bigger sharks.
25. Crime so bad that even the prostitutes are getting out of town.
26. Swooping kookaburras… which sounds funny, until you see how giant a kookaburra’s beak is.
(P.S. We’re looking for editors in New Zealand/Australia: Apply here!)
- Greece will decide on Sunday whether they will accept austerity measures as a condition of a bailout that may stave off an imminent financial and economic crisis.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️