5. Take one part hydrogen peroxide, one part potassium iodide, and a little soap, and you’ve got yourself a tiny mushroom cloud:
8. If you ever mix cesium and water, make sure to take a step back first:
9. Glycine-nitrate reaction with precursors of barium nitrate, zirconyl nitrate and yttrium nitrate to form BaZr0.8Y0.2O3 (whatever that means):
10. Strontium, sulfur, And heat make for an unexpected light show:
11. Diethylzinc has a pesky habit of spontaneously combusting on contact with air:
12. Strong cup of coffee? Nope, just sulphuric acid causing explosive polymerization of p nitro aniline:
14. If you ever need some improvised rocket fuel, just drop a catalyst into some potassium chlorate and sugar:
17. The reason you should avoid getting and snake venom in your blood:
20. Nitrous Oxide and Carbon Disulfide (aka The Barking Dog Experiment):
21. Ever wonder what happens when you drop a gummi bear into potassium chlorate? This:
24. Here’s what happens to Coke cans in hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide:
Not technically chemical reactions, but these are pretty cool too:
26. This is what happens when you heat up a CD and blow on it in cold weather:
Deputy Editorial Director, Iron Fist of BuzzFeed
Here Are The Top Stories
- A University of Cincinnati officer has been charged with murder for shooting Samuel Dubose, an unarmed black man.
- Regulators are looking into allegations of "deceptive or unfair" marketing practices at the University of Phoenix.
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.