1. At $190 million, Copper Beech Farm, originally built in 1898, currently holds the title of most expensive home ever formally listed.
3. With 12 bedrooms, seven bathrooms, and two partial bathrooms, the house’s interior comes to 13,519 square feet.
4. In comparison, Oprah Winfrey’s Montecito, Calif., mansion comes in at a whopping 23,000 square feet.
5. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the average square footage for a single-family home in 2010 was 2,392 square feet.
15. But if I had to bet, I’m guessing it’s the 50 acres of prime waterfront property.
16. P.S. In case you’ve been wanting your own private island lately, this house comes with two.
In The News Today
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›