1. At $190 million, Copper Beech Farm, originally built in 1898, currently holds the title of most expensive home ever formally listed.
3. With 12 bedrooms, seven bathrooms, and two partial bathrooms, the house’s interior comes to 13,519 square feet.
4. In comparison, Oprah Winfrey’s Montecito, Calif., mansion comes in at a whopping 23,000 square feet.
5. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the average square footage for a single-family home in 2010 was 2,392 square feet.
15. But if I had to bet, I’m guessing it’s the 50 acres of prime waterfront property.
16. P.S. In case you’ve been wanting your own private island lately, this house comes with two.
In The News Today
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing nine people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›
- Donald Trump has pledged to support the eventual Republican presidential nominee in 2016 and not mount a 3rd-party run. ›