1. At $190 million, Copper Beech Farm, originally built in 1898, currently holds the title of most expensive home ever formally listed.
3. With 12 bedrooms, seven bathrooms, and two partial bathrooms, the house’s interior comes to 13,519 square feet.
4. In comparison, Oprah Winfrey’s Montecito, Calif., mansion comes in at a whopping 23,000 square feet.
5. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the average square footage for a single-family home in 2010 was 2,392 square feet.
15. But if I had to bet, I’m guessing it’s the 50 acres of prime waterfront property.
16. P.S. In case you’ve been wanting your own private island lately, this house comes with two.
In The News Today
- Tom Brady's four-game suspension by the NFL following the "Deflategate" scandal has been overturned by a federal judge. ›
- Facebook is working with charter schools to build educational software that it eventually plans on offering for free to U.S. public schools. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›