1. At $190 million, Copper Beech Farm, originally built in 1898, currently holds the title of most expensive home ever formally listed.
3. With 12 bedrooms, seven bathrooms, and two partial bathrooms, the house’s interior comes to 13,519 square feet.
4. In comparison, Oprah Winfrey’s Montecito, Calif., mansion comes in at a whopping 23,000 square feet.
5. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the average square footage for a single-family home in 2010 was 2,392 square feet.
15. But if I had to bet, I’m guessing it’s the 50 acres of prime waterfront property.
16. P.S. In case you’ve been wanting your own private island lately, this house comes with two.
BuzzFeed Violet Producer firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.