2. Mont Saint Michel, France
Did I wake up in a Disney movie?
3. Al Khazneh or “The Treasury” at Petra, Jordan.
Hey! That’s where they filmed Indiana Jones.
4. Cliff Palace, Mesa Verde National Park, Colorado
Why build a roof when you could just use a cliff?
5. Potala Palace, Chengguan, Tibet
I mean… I wouldn’t hate living here.
8. Bet Giyorgis Church in Lalibela, Ethiopia
Oh no biggie, you just carved an entire church INTO solid rock.
9. Chandi Bori Well Abhaneri, India
Also known as Batman’s prison, this well is like something out of an M.C. Escher drawing.
11. Bagan Temples, Myanmar
Forest temples are the best kind of temples.
12. Pyramids of Teotihuacan, Mexico
Can we just talk about how these pyramids were built in 450 AD?! HOW DO YOU DO THIS WITHOUT A CRANE?!
13. Wooden Churches of Kizhi Island, Russia
All this needs to be perfect is a dragon flying in the background.
14. Suspended Temple of Mt. Hengshan, China
Hmm, what should we do with this mountain?
15. Shibam Mud Houses, Hadhramaut, Yemen, sometimes referred to as “mini mud Manhattan.”
This may not seem that awesome, until you realize they’re made of MUD!
16. Cave Monastery, Vardzia, Georgia
Cliffside cave dwellings are about as badass as you can get. Props, Georgians.
17. Village of Monsanto, Portugal built between natural boulders.
See a boulder, build a village…? WHY THE HELL NOT?
All images via Shutterstock.
- Afghan officials are investigating reports that Mullah Mohammed Omar, the leader of the Taliban, is dead.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️